Smoked Turkey Breast
Description: Is your only experience with turkey dry and boring? Are you looking for a new way to bring this protein to life and drop the stigma? We got your covered. Try this recipe for succulent smoked turkey breast that is as smooth as butter to carve and will blow your tastebuds away.
- 1 large skinless turkey breast
- 4 TBSP salted butter
- 3 TBSP The Feedlot Forager
- Preheat smoker to 250F/120C with a fruit wood of your choice.
- Prepare turkey by coating thoroughly Forager rub.
- Smoke turkey breast for about 2.5 to 3 hours or until golden brown.
- Double wrap turkey beast in foil top side down with butter.
- Continue to cook until the internal temperature hits 160F/70C roughly 1.5 to 2 hours.
- Unwrap turkey and sit out to rest until internal temperature is 140F/60C.
- Slice and serve!
- A little southern style trick with poultry is to coat the meat in mayonnaise then the seasoning of your choice. This may sound strange but it's not only a binder for the rub but helps lock in the moisture since it's oil based. This method is our go to and works a treat!