Smoked Beef Cheeks
Description: Looking for a warm, rich and hearty winter meal? In the Feedlot kitchen, this is our go to! Smoked beef cheeks over mashed cauliflower is, not only, delicious and filling; the cauliflower mash can be a healthy alternative to traditional potatoes without sacrificing that comforting texture.
- 4 wagyu beef cheeks
- 1 stout or porter beer
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 75g salted butter
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 60g parmesan cheese
- The Feedlot Crossbreed
- Preheat smoker to 275F/135C. Prep beef cheeks by removing excess fat and silver skin.
- Generously coat beef cheeks in The Feedlot Crossbreed and smoke for 3-4 hours or until desired colour is reached.
- Transfer the beef cheeks to a foil pan and add one stout beer. Cover tightly with heavy duty foil and continue to cook for another 3-4 hours until the beef probes soft like warm butter.
- Before shredding the beef cheeks, prepare your cauliflower by chopping into florets and steam until tender. In a food processor add the steamed cauliflower, 2 tsp crossbreed, butter, garlic and Parmesan cheese. Process the mix until your preferred consistency.
- Serve the shredded beef cheeks over mashed cauliflower and top with braising sauce.
- Oven roast the cauliflower instead of steaming for a rich caramelized flavor.