Maple Toasted Walnuts
Description: A fan of candied nuts? Give these little nuggets of awesomeness a go. Maple syrup coupled with Forager brings a new level of depth to toasted walnuts. Great for snacking, salads, charcuterie boards and more.
- 1 1/2 cup raw walnuts halves
- 2 tbsp avocado or coconut oil
- 6-8 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp The Feedlot Forager
- Place walnuts in a skillet over medium heat and toss frequently. Once you begin to smell the walnuts toasting (careful not to burn), add oil and coat evenly.
- Quickly add 1/2 of the maple syrup to coat and sprinkle the Forager rub throughout. Vigorously toss. Add the rest of the maple syrup and remove from heat.
- This is the most important step. Continue to toss as the walnuts cool in order to get the best coating which will take 2-4 minutes. The nuts will go from sticky to candied which will indicate they are done. Allow to cool and eat.
Try these on a pear and gorgonzola pizza. The sweet, sour and salty flavour combo is next level!