Shrimp Tostada Bites
Description: Looking for a one bite crowd pleaser with a twist? This unique entree is packed with flavour, colour and texture that will leave any group coming back from seconds.
- 2 dozen medium size fresh prawns
- 2 dozen small fried tostadas or round corn chips
- 2 ripe Haas avocados
- 2-3 tbsp The Feedlot Mexicue
- 2 tsp The Feedlot Cattle Call
- 1 tsp avocado or olive oil
- 1 bunch cilantro or coriander
- Pecorino Romano or crumbled Feta cheese
- Prepare grill for high heat direct grilling roughly 450F/230C.
- Shell and devein the prawns. Remove tails. Toss with with oil and Mexicue. Put on metal or wood skewers.
- Scoop out and de-seed avocado. Mash the avocado and fold in the Cattle Call. Set aside.
- Grill shrimp 'hot and fast' until a golden brown and firm to touch.
- Prepare chips by spreading a good layer of mashed avo on each. Place hot shrimp on top.
- Take a microplane, grate and dust with cheese. Top off with a fresh sprig of coriander. Serve immediately.
Find your favourite hot sauce, relish, or fresh chili to spice it up a bit. We decided to use a rich homemade Molé. Rich, smokey and deep in flavour, this added one heck of a kick! Be on the lookout for that recipe here soon.