Roasted Tomato Soup
Description: Grilled cheese and tomato soup was a childhood favourite and now, you will never have to open a can again! Fresh oven roasted tomatoes and onion combine with the sweetness of roasted garlic give this soup it's traditional flavour whilst Black Angus provides depth and character.
- 1 kg small cherry tomatoes
- 2 whole garlic bulbs
- 1 large red onion
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 tsp The Feedlot Cattle Call
- 2 tsp The Feedlot Black Angus
- 2 tbsp tomato Passata
- 3 cups veggie or chicken stock
- Wrap garlic in foil and put into a cold oven - turn on temp to 350F/175C - set timer to one hour.
- Prepare a sheet pan with tomatoes, sliced red onion. Toss in 1 tbsp oil and 2 tbsp vinegar plus Cattle Call Seasoning. When 30 minutes remain on garlic, add sheet pan to the oven.
- Once roasted, remove from oven. Unwrap garlic, cut bottom off and squeeze the roasted garlic into a blender canister, add tomatoes and onion, Passata, Black Angus and stock.
- Start to blend, slowly increasing speed until skins and seeds are unnoticeable. Pour contents into a soup pan and cook down until desired consistency is reached. Cook on medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Top with chives and serve hot!
Stir through 1/2 cup heavy cream for a richer and creamier soup. Top with pesto or jalapeño jack cheese for an added kick.