Elote Corn Ribs
Description: A spin off of Elote (grilled Mexican street corn), these two to three bite wonders are packed full of flavour and fun to eat. Creamy, tangy, salty, and smoky, get ready to up-level your side dish at any upcoming barbecue or fiesta!
- 4 fresh corn cobs shucked and cleaned
- 2 TBSP of melted butter
- 1 TBSP The Feedlot Heatwave
- 1/3 cup of chipotle mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1/3 cup crumbled pecorino cheese
- 1 lime sliced in wedges
- Fire up the grill to a medium high heat (450F/235C) and let it come to temp.
- Shuck corn, wash and cut both ends off. Stand cob on one end and slice down the middle and slice again into quarters. It's important to use a sharp knife as the corn can slip. Cut carefully to keep as many kernels as possible on each 'rib'.
- Wrap corn tightly in foil and par cook for roughly 20 minutes. Alternatively you can place in a glass bowl and microwave for 5-6 minutes. You want the corn soft but not all the way done.
- When the corn is par cooked, baste in melted butter and top with a light coating of your favourite Mexican rub.
- Place the corn back on the grill over direct heat. Char and finish off the cooking process until you've reached the desired colour and texture.
- Remove from heat and baste with chipotle mayonnaise.
- Top with cheese and cilantro. Finish off with a squeeze of fresh lime!
- Keep an eye out for a new Mexican style Feedlot rub launching soon! We will update this post when available. Also consider splashing a bit of your favourite hot sauce over the top for an added kick.