Elote Corn Casserole
Description: The ultimate side dish at your next barbecue or summer gathering. Elote corn casserole is a spin off of Mexican street corn except not on the cob and a little dressed up! This is a great pairing for all kinds of meats and main dishes. Super easy, fast and packed full of flavour, it's quickly become one of our favourite go-to's.
- 4 bags of frozen corn
- 1 red onion
- 2 avocados
- 1 bunch cilantro de-stemmed
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup Cotija cheese (crumbled feta)
- 1 tbsp The Feedlot Mexicue
- 1/2 lime
- Empty bags of corn into a frying pan (cast iron perferrable). Brown over medium high heat until desired colour and char is reached. Let the corn cool to room temp.
- Chop the onion, avocado and cilantro. Set aside.
- Mix mayonnaise with Mexicue throughly to make your dressing.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the onion, avocado, cilantro, dressing and corn. Mix/fold thoroughly but be careful to not mash the avocado.
- Move into serving bowl and top with Cotija cheese. Note, you can use crumbled feta as a great substitute if Cotija is not available.
- Squeeze lime over the top and serve!
- For an added kick, throw some fresh or pickled jalapeños into the mix. You can also add your favourite hot sauce to the dressing!