Cucumber Pico de Gallo
Description: Living in Austin, you’d get a side of Pico de Gallo with all your Mexican meals. Fresh tomatoes, onion, jalapeños and coriander mixed together to form a fresh accompaniment to any spicy dish. To change it up, we decided to make a more Mediterranean version using cucumber and red Spanish onion and suddenly, a lamb taco has its new best friend.
- 1 pack of baby cucumbers (appx. 8)
- 1 small Spanish onion
- 1 1/2 tbsp chopped coriander/cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped pickled jalapeños
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- The Feedlot Cattle Call to taste
- Rinse the cucumber and chop into very small squares.
- Cut the ends off the onion and peel away the skin. Chop the rest into small squares.
- Chop the coriander leaves and dice.
- Add the lime juice and red wine vinegar.
- Stir through The Feedlot Cattle Call – start with ¼ teaspoon.
- Stir through 1 cup of unsweetened plain Greek yogurt to create an awesome dip.