Coffee Bourbon BBQ Sauce
Description: Step up your summer grilling game with this homemade BBQ sauce! Spicy, smoky and complex with a boozy punch, this coffee-bourbon BBQ sauce perfectly complements any grilled meat. After one taste, I have no doubt this will become your new favorite BBQ sauce.
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 3 garlic cloves grated or minced
- ¾ cup brewed coffee or long black
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ⅓ cup unsulphured molasses not blackstrap
- ¼ cup real maple syrup
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar packed
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoon The Feedlot Mexicue
- ¼ cup bourbon
- In a medium saucepan, stir together the tomato sauce and paste until it becomes one cohesive mixture.
- Stir in the garlic, coffee, apple cider vinegar, molasses, maple syrup, dark brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce and The Feedlot Mexicue. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Continue to simmer until the mixture slightly thickens, stirring often to prevent burning. If necessary, you can turn down the heat but maintain a simmer. Cooking time generally takes about 15-20 minutes.
- Turn off heat. Stir in bourbon. Cool and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Enjoy!
- If you like a more mustard based sauce, try mixing 1:3 ratio French's American yellow mustard with the above. This gives it a tangy vinegar taste and cuts through some of the sugar!